Saturne® ll Cementless
The Saturne® II cup is the latest extension of Amplitude’s comprehensive Saturne® range of dual mobility acetabular cups. Featuring a flat, cementless, cylindro-spherical design, Saturne® II offers further flexibility and choice for surgeons.
With over 20 years of clinical use, the Saturne® range is now recognised for reducing the risk of dislocation through broad articulation with the liner and the use of small head diameters to reduce wear.
Fixation & Stability: Primary fixation is achieved with the 1mm press-fit on the peripheral rim and enhanced by the inverted chevron notches and horizontal parallel grooves around the cup equator. The flat pole of the cup helps to disperse impaction loads and avoid contact with the bone to maximise the press-fit around the rim.
Range of Motion: The absence of screw holes allows the articulating surface to be completely smooth and uninterrupted. The large peripheral chamfer at the threshold of the head socket provides a greater range of motion without contact with the stem neck. This reduces the risk of dislocation and polyethylene wear due to impingement. The rounded highly polished cup rim prevents liner abrasion during joint reduction while also lowering the risk of pain in the instance of psoas impingement.
AXPE Liner: The Saturne® II liner is made from Amplitude’s unique formula AXPE which combines the benefits of highly cross-linked polyethylene (XLPE) with Vitamin exposed to a radiation does of 90kGy. The result is superior wear resistance and mechanical properties unattainable with XLPE.
- The Saturne® II cup has a smooth and continuous articulating surface.
- Primary fixation is achieved through inverted herringbone notches and horizontal parallel grooves around the equator.
- The material is stainless steel dual coating: plasma-sprayed titanium (80 µm) + HAP (80 µm).
- The Saturne® II liner is made from Amplitude’s unique formula AXPE which combines the benefits of
highly cross-linked polyethylene (XLPE) with Vitamin E exposed to a radiation does of 90kGy. The result is
superior wear resistance and mechanical properties unattainable with XLPE.
- Femoral head retention is ensured by the retaining mechanism at its recess threshold. Chamfer at the threshold delays contact with stem neck, allowing greater clearance of femoral stem in the liner, and helps to reduce polyethylene wear.
- Liners are available for 22.2 mm or 28 mm femoral heads.
- Comprehensive line of cemented or cementless dual-mobility cups – primary or reconstruction. Identical cup shape and common liner for all three versions.