Virtual Patient Coach
Intelligent, customised messaging that guides and supports
your patients before and after surgery
Intelligent, customised messaging that guides and supports your patients before and after surgery
INVISIBLE IN THE CLINICAL WORKFLOW. PROFOUND IN ITS IMPACT.
STREAMD is a seamless chatbot messaging system that increases patient engagement yet reduces practice workload
by delivering automated, personalised coaching and support for your patients before and after surgery. It is clinically validated* to:
Improve patient outcomes & word of mouth referrals
Reduce re-admissions & emergency room visits
Reduce patient calls to the practice
Reduce narcotic use & dependence
No downloads, log-ins, passwords
No integrations or training required
No burden on clinical staff
*Randomised Clinical Trial Results (Campbell et al. 2019)
A Novel, Automated Text-Messaging System Is Effective in Patients Undergoing Total Joint Arthroplasty.
STREAMD IN ACTION
“We know clinical teams are being asked to do more with less. At a time when physicians wish they could contact their patients on a daily basis, STREAMD makes it possible.“
Dr. Kevin Campbell CEO & Co-Founder of STREAMD
How STREAMD Works
STREAMD uses artificial intelligence to send your patients automated, pre-programmed text-messages and videos, customised to match your tone, treatment preferences, timeline and care instructions.
The system’s effectiveness lies in its ease of use for patients, clinic staff and surgeons, and its ability to engage patients, reduce clinical workload, and mitigate surgeon burnout.
Messages typically start 2-4 weeks before surgery and continue 4-6 weeks after surgery but the duration is entirely up to you.
Our SMS chatbot handles over 350 topics on pain management, recovery, physio, wellbeing, and more.
Daily support helps set recovery expectations and answer common patient questions so they are less likely to contact the practice or hospital.
Patients only see your name and brand and can begin immediately by typing “JOIN” to your unique STREAMD number.
The service only takes us a few days to create and all patient support material is provided.
This is a marvellous service to patients. It has helped me from being confused and kept me on track before and after my complete knee replacement surgery. It is like an assistant advising and reminding what is good for me and what would be right for me to do. I have found this extremely helpful.
STREAMD patient from Perth, December 2020
Since its inception in 2016, STREAMD has been used by over 80 surgeons and 30,000 patients,
automating over 2.5 million patient touchpoints.
It has not only relieved the burden on clinic staff and streamlined patient communications but has proved to be
a valuable resource in helping surgeons proactively stimulate and influence their word-of-mouth referrals by:
- Creating a talking point for patients amongst their friends and family
- Prompting patients to give feedback in any form you like including online websites
- Providing patients with the reassurance they need, without extra workload for the practice
of patients said STREAMD had a positive effect on their recovery
of patients said they would recommend STREAMD to a friend undergoing a similar procedure
of patients said they did not have to call the office because STREAMD answered their questions
of patients said STREAMD made them feel a more personal connection to their physician
The STREAMD Difference
Healthcare practices across the world have been implementing mobile apps and platforms in an attempt to remedy the
common pain points surrounding patient engagement. However, these attempts often strain clinical resources
or lack the conversational intelligence required to drive meaningful engagement.
Patients’ expectations are evolving and they want conversational interactions that are not confined to an app or portal.
Apps and web based portals
- Downloads, log-ins, passwords and patient/staff training
- Only 3% of apps are used after 30 days*
- Only 20% of emails are opened*
- A RUSH university study found patient take-up of the leading orthopaedic mobile app was 3 – 4 patients/mth*
STREAMD – the only SMS Chatbot in Aus
- No downloads, log-ins, passwords or patient/staff training
- Fully automated and easy for the patients to use
- No monitoring from clinic staff
- Clinically proven to reduce practice workload
- 98% of text messages are read*
- A RUSH university study found patient take up of STREAMD averaged 30 patients/mth*
*Using Patient Engagement Platforms in the Postoperative Management of Patients, Campbell, Loui, Levine & Gililland, Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2020, 9 May 2020
Nice personal way of feeling involved and someone looking out for us and reminding us to do the needed and right things. Excellent system! All doctors should follow your system!
STREAMD patient from Perth, November 2020
As you consider expanding your reach to patients, STREAMD offers the opportunity to enhance the patient experience
without any further burden to your existing resources.
Through a partnership with you, Amplitude will provide STREAMD as a complimentary service to your practice,
handle the entire implementation process and provide all the materials necessary to enrol your patients.
Our aim is to help you:
- Improve patient outcomes
- Increase patient satisfaction
- Reduce readmissions and avoidable ER visits
- Reduce patient calls and emails to your office
- Reduce patient narcotic use
- Increase the perceived value in the care you provide
- Elevate your patient experience
- Promote their brand and patient referrals
1. We visit your practice to discover more about your specific needs, patient pathways and surgical instruction
2. We consolidate this information into your personalised patient messages
3. You start enrolling patients as soon as you’re ready