The Saturne® Cementless cup is suitable for primary total hip arthroplasty and has a long clinical history since it was first implanted in 2000.
Stability: Increased joint stability and reduced wear of the components in primary and reconstruction total hip arthroplasty.
Range: The Saturne® range includes cemented, cementless and reconstruction versions.
Asymmetric: Asymmetrical periphery to mimic native anatomy.
- The Saturne® Cementless cup has a smooth and continuous articulating surface. The anatomical cut-out in the equator area aims to match the posterior edge of the acetabulum and helps to prevent dislocation.
- Primary fixation is achieved through inverted herringbone notches and horizontal parallel grooves around the equator.
- The material is stainless steel and coating plasma-sprayed titanium (80 µm) + HAP (80 µm).
- Femoral head retention is ensured by the retaining mechanism at its recess threshold. Chamfer at the threshold delays contact with stem neck, allowing greater clearance of femoral stem in the liner, and helps to reduce polyethylene wear.
- Liners are available for 22.2 mm or 28 mm femoral heads.
- Comprehensive line of cemented or cementless dual-mobility cups – primary or reconstruction. Identical cup shape and common liner for all three versions.