With 23 years of clinical history, the Saturne® Cementless monoblock dual mobility cup has just been awarded an ODEP 10A rating – the highest current ODEP rating assigned to monoblock cups in Australia.
We are also proud to announce the launch of Amplitude’s new AXPE Liner made with our unique formula of highly cross-linked polyethylene (XLPE) and Vitamin E irradiated at 90kGy. The result is superior wear resistance and mechanical properties unattainable with traditional XLPE.
Saturne’s long history of global success can be attributed to a number of features, including:
Monoblock design: Significantly reduces corrosion and fretting and virtually eliminates patient exposure to Cobalt and Chromium ions and metal debris.
Dual Mobility: Increases joint stability and reduces wear of the components in primary and reconstruction total hip arthroplasty.
Asymmetry: Asymmetrical periphery mimics native anatomy. Minimises the risk of iliopsoas impingement with an anatomical cut out that includes a reduced anterior lip below the cup’s hemispherical rim. The feature not only increases ROM but also allows the cup to sit more easily below the bone surface to reduce soft tissue irritation.
Range: The Saturne® range includes cemented, cementless and reconstruction versions and Saturne II which features a flat, cementless, cylindro-spherical design.
Intuitive Instruments: Improved, ergonomic cup impactor for an efficient surgical flow.
- The Saturne® Cementless cup has a smooth and continuous articulating surface. The anatomical cut-out in the equator area aims to match the posterior edge of the acetabulum and helps to prevent dislocation.
- Primary fixation is achieved through inverted herringbone notches and horizontal parallel grooves around the equator.
- The material is stainless steel and coating plasma-sprayed titanium (80 µm) + HAP (80 µm).
- Femoral head retention is ensured by the retaining mechanism at its recess threshold. Chamfer at the threshold delays contact with stem neck, allowing greater clearance of femoral stem in the liner, and helps to reduce polyethylene wear.
- Liners are available for 22.2 mm or 28 mm femoral heads.
- Comprehensive line of cemented or cementless dual-mobility cups – primary or reconstruction. Identical cup shape and common liner for all three versions.