The Saturne® Reconstruction cup is suitable for reconstruction total hip arthroplasty and has been in clinical use since 2000.
Stability: Increased joint stability and reduced wear of the components in primary and reconstruction total hip arthroplasty.
Range: The Saturne® range includes cemented, cementless and reconstruction versions.
Asymmetric: Asymmetrical periphery to mimic native anatomy.
- Saturne® Reconstruction is a cementless hemispherical cup with a flattened end to maximise the press fit effect.
- Fixation flanges allow for a smooth and continuous articulating surface.
- Anatomical cut-out in the equator area matches the posterior edge of the acetabulum and helps prevent dislocation. The depth of this anatomical cut-out is proportionate to the cup’s diameter.
- Material: stainless steel. Coating: plasma-sprayed titanium (80 µm) + HAP (80 µm).
- Two pre-shaped, malleable and separable fixation flanges angled at 35° can be used with Ø5 mm screws. The positioning hook inserts into the obturator foramen. These primary fixation mechanisms are reinforced by bone regrowth at the contours (secondary fixation).
- Rounded and highly polished cup rim prevents liner abrasion during joint reduction and minimises wear if femoral neck contact occurs.
- Chamfer at threshold of retaining mechanism delays contact with stem neck and allows greater clearance of femoral stem in liner, helping to reduce wear.
UHMWPE or AXPE liners are available for Ø22.2 mm or Ø28 mm femoral heads.
Identical cup shape and common liner for all three cup variations – cemented, cementless and reconstruction.